Image Credit: nytimes.com
Everyone has their own guilty pressure that satisfies the inner cravings. For many of us, that pleasure is nothing but sipping a cup of cold coffee on a warm sunny day with a book as your companion.
Though our life is constantly torn between home to work and vice-versa, we hardly get enough time to make our own cup of coffee. Besides, we are so hooked to the local cafeteria and Starbucks that we give up the thought of brewing own coffee.
If you calculate your money spent on a single cup of coffee by the end of the month and year, you will be stunned to know the amount. Hence, we highly recommend you to make your own cup of cold brew coffee at home.
But, how do you make homemade cold brew coffee?
Well, the answer just lies in this blog. Here’s the cold brew recipe.
Before we get into the recipe, many of you might not be aware of what exactly is the homemade cold brew?
There are many ways to make iced coffee at home, but the one that is everyone’s favorite is the cold-brew method.
It’s easy, quick, and enhances the strong flavor of the coffee.
All you gotta do is mix the ground coffee with cold water and soak the mixture in the fridge for overnight.
The next day when you will strain the mixture strong aroma will hit your nose breaking a smile on your face. Once you have drained the mixture, you can serve it right away or store it in the fridge to make homemade cold brew coffee.
Now, let’s step down more and check what exactly Starbucks-Style Cold Brew is?
For those who have tried making homemade cold brew often complain how the flavors differ from Starbucks. It’s intense and tad bitter.
While Starbucks makes a big batch of cold brew and it still tastes sweeter and a tad smoother. We are going to use Starbucks cold brew recipe and follow its principle to make a big batch of coffee that will deliver the exact flavor you’ll are craving.
There are 3 primary steps to make cold brew at home.
- It’s extremely essential to select the specific grind. You can get the grind that is somewhat closer to coarse sugar. It will prevent the brew from getting bitter overnight.
If you have got larger beans and a grinder, try to grind it on batches.
- When it comes to the ratio, ensure you keep both the water and ground coffee same. For instance, this recipe is using 7 ounces of ground coffee to 7 cups of water.
- You must be very careful while straining the cold brew. Starbucks uses the strain system to remove the cold brew from the aromatic grounds. To try the straining at home, you will need cheesecloth and a strainer.
DO NOT press or squeeze the coffee grounds, else it will release the bitter flavor. Be gentle while straining. We advise you not to use paper filters as they tear of easily.
Once you are done with the cold brew, it’s time to make homemade cold brew coffee of Starbucks style.
- 6 ounce of coffee beans
- 6 cups of filtered water
- Coffee Grinder
- Jars with strong lid
- Rubber band
- Grind the coffee beans coarsely. If you have a small grinder then do it batches.
- Mix the grounded coffee and with water and pour it inside the jar.
- Now, with your gentle hands, stir carefully until the water and coffee gets mixed. As long as the coffee is wet don’t freak out when you watch coffee floating on top.
- Cover the jar with lid and keep it in the refrigerator for 18 to 24 hours.
- Now it’s time to strain the coffee concentrate. Set the cheesecloth on large cup, and gradually, pour the coffee concrete. Depending upon the size of the strainer, you can conduct it in batches. Again, an important reminder- DO NOT SQUEEZE OR PRESS COFFEE INGREDIENTS.
- Once, you have strained transfer it to a air-tight container and keep it in the refrigerator for storage.
- Finally, you can make your iced coffee. Fill the glass with 1 cup of ice cubes and ½ cup of cold brew with ½ of cold water. Stir it and add sweet cream or for intense flavor condensed milk and you are all set to please your desire. Enjoy!
Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee Recipe – Topless Baker